So for Spring Break we headed to Des Moines, Iowa to visit my 2 older brothers and their families. It was originally supposed to be Aaron and I and the kids but after the job loss our plans to buy a new van for the the trip were smushed and we didn't think we could make a 20 hr drive in our tiny car with luggage for five people, so my parents said they would take the kids and I so that aaron could stay home and work. We were all so excited to see our cousins ( including a new little baby Reece who we hadn't met yet ) and so we headed off to the corn state ( i think it's corn they grow there).
Well on day 2 of the trip we ran into a bad snow storm and long story short we were hit by a semi on the freeway, and almost crushed by a second. Too long of a story to go into the details but I really did think for a second that I was going to lose my little precious children. By far the scariest experince we have ever been through and still a tad emotional when I think of how quickly things can change. The windows were blown out and we did have to sit in the middle of a blizzard on the freeway for a couple of hrs trying to shove whatever luggage, blankets, pillows we could in the broken windows to keep warm. The freeways remained closed the rest of that day and most of the next so we got to wait it out in Laramie, WY in the meantime. We lost 2 days of our trip but so minor compared to what we could have lost.
We made it to Des Moines finally and had a great time with our family that we miss so very much. "
My beautiful neice MeiLing
The highlight of the trip was another 4 hr drive to Nauvoo! I went with my Mom and 2 sisters-in-law. we also took dylon because we knew he'd appreciate it too.
a very cold wagon ride through nauvoo
the smith family graves
Dylon learning how they made ropes
We also got to visit Carthage, and it was so amazing and emotional.








No comments:
Post a Comment